Our volunteers are passionate global ambassadors for MMF.
Volunteers work at our project sites as well as in their local areas. From research assistants and teacher trainers to graphic designers and photojournalists, we regularly recruit volunteers for a variety of roles throughout our organization and across the world.
Volunteer positions are normally a minimum of 2 months, but shorter periods will be considered in exceptional cases. If you'd like to become a volunteer, send us your CV and cover letter, as well as what position you'd like to pursue.
Not able to volunteer? There are many other ways to get involved! Fundraise in your local area, become an MMF brand ambassador, or raise awareness by connecting your network to MMF.
Position available: Volunteer Accountant
Working directly with the Head Financial Officer, you will be responsible for the effective management and reporting of all of the financial aspects of our operations in Mozambique.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Minimum 2 years relevant accounting experience
- High proficiency in Excel
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Business acumen and interest
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Experience using Quickbooks is desirable but not essential
- Day-to-day cash management and reconciliation
- Prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy and completeness
- Perform monthly accounting activities including reconciliations of cash and bank accounts and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary
- Analyse and report on financial status and cashflow including communicating financial results to management
- Assisting department heads with various tasks, including preparing budgets and donor reports
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective action
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Provide Excel training to Mozambican MMF employees
- Work directly with world class scientists, local teachers and international conservationists
- Be part of an exciting environment with carefully selected people from all over the world
- Assist us in achieving our mission of saving threatened marine life using pioneering research, education and sustainable conservation solutions (see more of what we do at https://marinemegafaunafoundation.org/)
- Accommodation provided. Please note applicants must be comfortable in shared living arrangements with basic amenities. Tofo is a small beach town within a remote provincial area.
- Discounted diving and snorkeling with our local partners
- Travel and experience Africa
- Make a difference!
The project requires you to commit for a minimum amount of 3 months and a trial period will apply. Candidates must also be able to provide their own laptop computers to work on.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com